Sunday, March 25, 2012

Miscellaneous: Site Changes & Mythbusters

Site Changes

Still a bit occupied with other projects.  One of the big time activities is the migration of my main website from the MobileMe site hosted by Apple to its new home:

CrankAstronomy.org

Update your bookmarks accordingly as the old site will go offline sometime this summer.

Note that I'm also changing the name to bring it more in line with the kind of projects I'm developing today compared to when I started.  Right now it is a simple duplication of the site at my old location. The new site layout will change with time as the hosting service has a number of capabilities not available at my previous provider and it will take time for me to install the new features.

Mythbusters: Behind the Myths Tour

In addition, I recently attended a performance of the

Mythbusters: Behind the Myths Tour

Unfortunately, the tour has only a few more stops, but I highly recommend it if it comes to your area.

Adam Savage (whom I've seen at places like DragonCon) and Jamie Hyneman do an excellent stage show, performing some of the smaller demonstrations that can be done on a stage.  Their show includes audience participation (probablyhalf their projects required one or more volunteers from the audience) and Adam and Jamie take turns fielding questions from the audience.  The show is about two hours long with one 15 minute intermission.

They were also promoting their new site: www.tested.com

The Reason Rally was also going on in my area that day, so there were a few science and skepticism luminaries in the audience, including James Randi (wikipedia), Lawrence Krauss (A Universe from Nothing), and Richard Dawkins (wikipedia).

No comments:

So...What Happened?

Wow.  It's been over eight years since I last posted here... When I stepped back in August 2015,...