Applications of Newtonian Physics to Space FlightNewton's laws, both of motion and gravitation, have no preferred center and these physical laws are vital for any nation to do space flight. You can choose a 'center', or origin of your coordinate system, anywhere that makes the computation the simplest.
- Geocentrism: Does NASA use Geocentrism? Short answer: yes it does, in addition to heliocentric, Mars-centric, Mercury-centric, Saturn-centric, selenocentric (Moon-centered), and many others! They ALL work as the 'center' of the universe!
- Geocentrism: Laser Ranging Experiments
- Doin' Real Science: Simulating Particles Examples from my n-body code. A simplified version of they types of programs used to compute spacecraft trajectories.
- Geocentrism vs. the Barycenter. Barycenters are mathematical points defined by the distribution of mass. These mathematical constructions enables some simplifications when studying complex systems. Some have attempted to use these mathematical constructions as evidence of an Earth-centered universe.
- Geocentrism & the Barycenter. II.
- The Geocentrists' 3-Body "Problem" How do barycenters behave with more than three bodies?
- An Exploration of the Lagrange Points Example of how Lagrange points appear for two bodies orbiting the Sun, using my n-body code. We have yet to see the geocentrists demonstrate that this works Earth as a 'fixed and immobile' center.
- Geocentrism Quiz: Is the Moon Gravitationally Bound to the Earth?
Geocentrism & Relativity
Cosmological Geocentrist Claims
Geocentrism & Quantized Redshift Claims
Various flavors of pseudo-science use claims of 'quantization' of cosmological redshifts to argue that Big-Bang cosmology is incorrect. This series of articles explores what power spectra REALLY mean and how it is misapplied by redshift quantization advocates.
- John Hartnett's Cosmos. 1. Introduction
- John Hartnett's Cosmos. 2. Methodologies
- Delusions of Geocentric Quantization...
- Quantized Redshifts. I. Introduction
- Quantized Redshifts. II. The Fourier Series
- Quantized Redshifts. III. How is Fourier Series Related to the PSD
- Quantized Redshifts. IV. The Fourier Transform, FFT & PSD
- Quantized Redshifts. V. Exploring the PSD with Simple Datasets
- Quantized Redshifts. VII. Common Power Spectral Density "Bloopers" Changing your origin generally does not alter the frequencies found in power spectra. Power spectra are not 'additive'.
- Quantized Redshifts. IX. Testing the Null Hypothesis. I construct a simple universe of uniformly distributed galaxies with a range of brightnesses.
- Quantized Redshifts. X. Testing Our "Designer Universe". I sample the galaxies from some location, noticing that the number of galaxies will increase with larger values of redshift, z. But because we can only see galaxies above a certain brightness, some of the more distant galaxies are less visible, and maybe not visible at all.
- Quantized Redshifts XI. My Designer Universe Meets Some Data and What's Next.... If we plot the number of galaxies vs redshift for galaxies brighter than some limit, then we get the redshift (radial) distribution of galaxies seen in many similar plots of galaxy surveys.