IBEX Finds Surprising Changes at Solar Boundary
There are a number of proposed explanations by researchers (some descriptions here at SWRI) actually working with the data (SWRI/IBEX data). Each of the proposed mechanisms can create mathematical predictions that match some characteristics of the ENA emission, but not all. As happens in many of these cases, the truth is probably some combination of these mechanisms.
The IBEX results have again caused a stir among the Electric Universe (EU) and Electric Sun (ES) supporters as reinforcing their claims of the Sun being powered by external electric currents. The new result has re-invigorated the topic at Thunderbolts (forum link). I've written about this with some earlier IBEX releases:
- IBEX Results Cause Even More Problems for Electric Sun Model
- “Electric Sun Verified“?? - In your dreams...
- IBEX slams the Electric Sun model yet again...
The agreement between the actual data (left) and the model, which does not include background emission, (right) is surprisingly good.
While the Electric Sun supporters CLAIM their 'model' explains the IBEX result, where are their model predictions that we can directly compare to the IBEX results? Note the arrogance of the poster 'mharratsc' in this thread (thunderbolts forum), claiming that IBEX PROVES THE ELECTRIC SUN.
Bridgeman et al can yammer up a storm about what they think about the Electric Sun model and plasma cosmology in general, but when it comes to IBEX- their model was PROVEN WRONG.Really?
EU/PC/Electric Sun- VALIDATED.
Then where IS the equivalent IBEX map generated for the Electric Sun model?
The ES map should show better (or even perfect) agreement with the data map. It should show better agreement than the other proposed models.
After all, such a bold claim by EU requires evidence that can be compared to real data. Without it, why should anyone regard the EU claim as anything more than a fairy tale? Failure to present the EU claim at the same standards that other scientists must satisfy makes the EU claim look more like scientific fraud.
Here's just a few additional questions I would have for the ES theorists when it comes to explaining the IBEX observations:
- Describe the mechanism for the pinch current powering stars to produce this sunward flux of neutral atoms. How do we compute the particle fluxes and energies?
- If the change in the ribbon represents a change in the current of the z-pinch that powers other stars, shouldn't we expect to see a pattern of nearby stars (powered by this stream) changing brightness? If so, by how much? When and where could we expect to see this change?
- Related to 2, if the IBEX changing knot is the imprint of another current stream against the Sun's current stream, we should be able to use this to build a map of one of these nearby current streams. Where's the skymap of this current stream?
Is there ANY EU supporter up to the challenge of doing something that could be described as REAL science?